So, here I am on my maiden voyage to journaling. I must say, it feels sort of freeing. Actually, it gives me hope. Why? Well, you see I am by NO means a scrapbooker. In fact, scrapooking really intimidates me. There is all this craftiness, creativity and clever construction. It's a whole lot of C's that I just can't quite conquer. Plus, I think it's a cult. (Juuuuuuuuuuuust kidding, I know it's not a cult - but there are a LOT of stickers is all I am sayin')
However, the part of scrap booking that I envy is the leaving a legacy part.
You C - oops, I mean see - my mom has hundreds of photos of us. When we rifle through them, the memories come pouring back. A picture of the past can conjure smells, capture moments and create memories that can last a life time. Just looking back and laughing at hairstyles and clothing is enough to keep you giggling for weeks. I LOVE pictures. I do. And someday I want my children to look back at their lives in pictures and laugh, cry, you know reminisce. But, if that happened today, it would look like this:
- Find the rubbermaid tub in the attic. (Which one I don't know, they aren't labeled)
- After searching through 15 tubs you will come to a tub with a floral box in it. That should be K-Man's first 3 years. (With some intermittent honeymoon pictures of course.)
- As for the rest of the photos, continue searching through random drawers in the house, the glove compartment of the vehicles, check pages of notebooks, novels, check gaps in bookshelves etc.
- Then go to the computer, check the files labeled Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, Pictures, Pictures and lastly Pictures 08.
- Finally, find the camera, insert the card into the disk drive and page through. (Although quite a few of them have been erased because the card has been perpetually full and so some of your not so good takes didn't make the cut...oops.)
I know, I know, not pretty. I can't even tell you the good intentions I have had. Oiy! Anywho, that leads me to today. I, Qtipper, am gingerly entering Blogsville. I am hoping that by starting this blog I will effectively be scrapbooking and thus leaving a legacy!!! Exciting, isn't it?!
So, I am asking you to hold me accountable in this. Okay? When I start to slack off, just let me know. I really want you to hear about all things Arkie and that means US! So drum roll please...
The beginning of my Legacy of Love:
Lou Bear, E-bear, E (almost 4)